Rachael offers private bellydance tuition for dancers of improver level or above. Taking private lessons is one of the most effective ways to improve your dancing, once you’ve got a good grasp of the basics at your weekly bellydance classes!
In a one-to-one lesson, Rachael can give you far more personalised feedback, attention and advice than is possible in a group class. Private lessons are a great option if…
- You’d like support and guidance as you prepare to dance your first solo
- You’re working on a special new performance piece, or even preparing for a competition, and you would like a teacher to help you develop and polish your dance
- You want to raise the level of your general dance technique, with tuition tailored to your unique strengths and difficulties
- You’d love to work in depth on a certain dance style or musical genre, such as baladi, classic Egyptian songs, saiidi…
- You would like to develop your skills with a prop (e.g. sagat, stick, veil)
Private lessons cost £25 per hour, and are held at Rachael’s home studio in Didsbury Village, South Manchester (other locations may be possible, but may be subject to travel expenses).
You can also arrange a private group class (please enquire for prices).
“I have private lessons with Rachael once a month and I always look forward to them. Rachael makes sure each lesson is engaging, challenging and fun and I always leave feeling that I’ve made a lot of progress.
Rachael is a thoughtful teacher who has a keen eye for spotting any areas of difficulty and teaching the correct technique in a way that feels manageable.
Rachael’s methods of teaching are just as accessible in her workshops, which are centred around creating a sense of community and finding real enjoyment in the dance, music and its cultural roots.” – Natasha, Manchester
To find out more about private tuition, please contact Rachael – she will be happy to answer any questions you may have.